It’s an exciting time here at OKO and we’re looking to expand our team to help us meet new challenges. Our growing Publisher Development team are the core of our business. They partner with ad-funded websites to help them grow their revenue through a mix of technical excellence and pro-active, dedicated account management. We provide all the technical training needed to cover the geeky bits (including the opportunity to become Google certified in your first few weeks) , but need candidates who are up to the challenge.
Below is a copy of the job-advert that will be hitting the boards over the next few days. If you’d like to apply or find out more just get in touch.
A note to recruiters: We’re already working with the lovely folk at Omnio Recruitment and are very happy. Whilst we’re sure that you are smart, funny and have a bus load of suitable candidates we just don’t have time to talk to answer unsolicited calls and contact requests from recruiters, sorry!
Website Account Manager
OKO is currently looking for a Website Account Manager to join their team on Hayling Island. This role represents a genuinely exciting opportunity to work in a fast-moving, growth industry as part of a small, friendly team with global recognition in their field. We believe in having fun whilst working hard and are looking for applicants who will enhance that and share our values.
OKO work with ad-supported websites, acting as a vital link between the website owners and ad networks and exchanges. We were the first company in the UK, and one of only a handful in the world, to be recommended by Google in this field.
About the Website Account Manager Role
You will be based at our modern, spacious offices on Hayling Island, near Portsmouth, where you will build and nurture your own portfolio of client websites and support them with their ad-serving needs. Fully supported by our in-house team, the role includes access to a Google Certified training programme and the opportunity to become one of the few Google-Qualified specialists in this field.
Reporting to the Managing Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the lead point of contact for all of your customers’ needs
- Developing and managing the delivery of tailored growth plans for your customers
- Identifying new prospective customers and introducing OKO to them
- Supporting the day to day ad-serving needs of own portfolio of customers
- Monitoring and reporting of customer performance
- Assisting with the marketing of OKO through its website, social media and other online channels.
- Maintaining exceptional levels of product knowledge and a good level of understanding of industry practices
Skills & Experience in our Website Account Manager:
Full training will be given in the technical skills required to be successful in this role, but we are looking for the right individuals to put those skills to effective use.
- Experience in support, sales, digital marketing or account management would all be considered an advantage.
- Self-driven and results orientated problem solver with strong organisation and communication skills.
- Reliable, honest and with an attention to detail, they will be a person who takes pride in the results they achieve at work.
- Working with a global customer base some flexibility around working hours is also required.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and email are essential as is an understanding of websites and the internet.
- Must be able to clearly communicate complex issues both by email and by telephone.
- Ability to organise their time and their work and to ensure successful outcomes on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills. The ability to study, learn quickly and push your own personal development is essential.
If you are interested in joining OKO as a Website Account Manager and you have the skills we are looking for, then please apply today by submitting your CV.
Mat has been supporting content creators on the web since 1996. As Co-founder of OKO Digital, Mat became the first person in the UK qualified to AdSense partner status and repeated this first with Google Certified Publishing Partner programme.