Header bidding has brought about a small revolution in publisher monetisation, yet many publishers are still missing out on one of the key financial benefits: Last bid via DoubleClick Ad Exchange. This simple addition to a header bidding set-up gives one last opportunity for Google’s massive Ad Exchange to beat the best price from the header bidding auction. That “last bid” means one-more opportunity to push up the price of every impression. Best of all it does this without any additional load, latency and far less maintenance than adding additional header bidding partners.
How Ad Exchange enhances header bidding
DoubleClick Ad Exchange (AdX) integrates directly into DFP via a mechanism that Google calls Dynamic Allocation. DFP and AdX were literally built to work together to earn publishers more. Dynamic Allocation allows another auction where AdX buyers compete against the winning bid from your header bidding auction. If the highest bid was from a header bidding partner then they still win the impression, but if Google can find a buyer willing to pay more then the impression goes to the Ad Exchange.
Because Ad Exchange is built into DFP, and the auction is run server-side by Google, this happens without adding latency and without adding any more code to the page.
Partner with OKO for Ad Exchange
Enjoy the confidence and peace of mind of working with a Google Certified Publishing Partner. OKO are one of the few companies in the world that can provide authorised access to the DoubleClick Ad Exchange and are recognised by Google as being experts with both Ad Exchange and DoubleClick for Publishers. Working with us also gives you:
- We sponsor your AdX application, ensuring fast and efficient turn around
- Direct access to your own Google-Certified account manager
- We’ll handle the DFP changes for you, including white-listing for premium features if needed
- Fast, efficient, always on-time payments (in GBP, EUR or USD)
- Intuitive reporting through our exclusive publisher dashboard
- Set-up of DFP AdX reporting
- Expert technical and policy support
- Monthly review and best-practice sharing
- We work on a revenue share basis, earning a percentage only on impressions where AdX beats your top header bidder
Is Ad Exchange for header bidding right for you?
To determine whether Ad Exchange for header bidding is right for you just answer these three questions:
- Do you have a quality website with “Google-safe” content and traffic?
- Do you already have a working header bidding set-up using prebid or similar?
- Do you have your own DFP account and use that to serve ads?
If you answered “Yes” to all three then you might be a perfect match for AdX for header bidding. Contact us now (or hit chat if we’re online) for more information. If you answered ‘No’ to one or more questions – don’t despair. We probably have another solution that will suit you better.